Forum User Guidelines
Any user generated media content (UGC) posted on the Forum expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any other person on the Forum. UGC includes text input and uploaded files (video, images, audio, executables, documents).
All UGC will be post-moderated. This means that all UGC will be checked by DOCspace’s Moderator for compliance with the Content Standards listed below either after it is published or upon being flagged-up for attention by users. We reserve the right to edit or permanently remove any UGC without prior notice and to also block or permanently remove an individual’s DOCspace account without prior notice if an individual violates the Content Standards. DOCspace will strive to provide prior notice in as many cases as possible.
This forum is intended to be a respectful, trustworthy and vigourous exchange of ideas among people passionate about documentary.When posting contributions to the Forum, you must comply the following standards.
Contributions to the Forum must:
• be in some way related to documentary media
• be posted by a registered DOCspace member
• be accurate (where they state facts)
• be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
• comply with applicable law in Canada and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions to the Forum must not:
• be defamatory (a defamatory comment is one that may damage the reputation of a person or organisation);
• be in contempt of Court (i.e. your contribution must not contain anything that risks prejudicing current or forthcoming Court proceedings);
• be threatening, abusive, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy;
• be sexist, racist, profane, blasphemous, homophobic or otherwise discriminatory and/or offensive;
• promote violence or advocate, condone or assist any unlawful act;
• describe violent intentions towards other people or organisations;
• be pornographic , sexually explicit, obscene or lewd;
• be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity;
• be used to post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner;
• infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property, confidentiality or privacy rights of any person or organisation; or
• otherwise violate any law
• link to a website that contravenes any of these standards.
This is a discussion forum. DOCspace has put in place automated controls to combat spam. Please post Job/Services/Rental advertisements and notices on DOCspace’s Classifieds page (http://docspace.ca/resources/classifieds). Advertisements for third-party services, chain letters and solicitations for profit-making commercial purposes will be flagged as such by by Moderator publicly on the post and may be removed by forum moderator. If User continues to post advertisements, the User’s account may be blocked or permantly removed. Need more clarificaiton as to what is an advertisement/endoresment/spam? Ie – screening could be seen as this?
We will not be held responsible for the availability or content of any external websites or material you access through our site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party websites or material.
User generated audio-visual content
All user generated audio-visual content should conform to the following standards:
• Audio-visual content should comply with the Content Standards set out above
• It should be a maximum of three minutes long;
• If the content is made by someone else, you must have that person/organisation's permission for it to be used on the Forum. Submission of the content to the Forum constitutes your acknowledgement that you possess all appropriate permissions;
• Audio-visual content should not breach copyright. You should not make unauthorised use of trade marks, logos or any other protected content owned by a third-party. Unofficial use will disqualify your content from being shown;
• You must get permission from the people you record. Submission of content to the Forum constitutes your acknowledgement that you possess all appropriate permissions.
Copyright and ownership of user generated media content
By contributing to the Forum you grant us royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive permission to publish, use or edit your entry or any media in any way deemed appropriate by us. You also grant us the right to translate your material into other languages.
We agree to respect contributors’ moral rights, crediting them appropriately and defending the integrity of their work against (unfair or misleading) alterations.
Do not submit or include in your submission any copyright material without the express permission of the copyright holder. We do not accept liability for copyright breaches you commit, and will remove any offending entries at the request of the rights holder.
If you are the owner of any content you believe has been submitted to the Forum without your authorisation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your complaint.
Participants should treat each other with respect, recognising their right to freedom of opinion and expression.
Do not use multiple logins. Anyone found continuing to use multiple logins after email notification from DOCspace staff will have their profiles removed.
Please provide an appropriate and meaningful title for your Posting.
In light of our policy of encouraging a respectful, trustworthy and vigourous exchange of ideas among people passionate about documentary, we accept no liability for any material submitted by users to the Forum and we are not responsible for its content or accuracy.
You, the user, agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your messages, videos, sound-bites and stills and that you will not hold us responsible for any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your submission.
Any message posted on the Forum expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect our views or the views of any other person on the Forum.
Any failure to remove particular material from the Forum does not constitute an endorsement or acceptance of it by us.
You also agree to indemnify us against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be named by us as a result of your breach of this warranty.
If you are under 18
If you are under 18 then you must get a parent or guardian’s permission before taking part in the Forum.
Impersonation or adopting an inappropriate or offensive user name will not be accepted on the site. Be aware at all times that this is a public site and anybody can read your entries. Assume that what you publish on the Web is permanent. Anyone on the internet can easily print out a submission or save it to a computer.
Breach of this Policy
If you have breached this Policy you will receive an email notification. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Policy. When a breach of this Policy has occurred we may take such action as we deem appropriate, which includes the immediate removal of any objectionable material and/or suspension or termination of your DOCspace account, even in the absence of a complaint and/or without prior contact with you.
If you believe that a posted message is objectionable or in breach of this Policy then please contact us at email@example.com immediately. If a formal complaint is made against you, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account.
The responses described in this Policy are not limited and we may take other action we reasonable deem appropriate and reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time.
If there are any rules or policies you do not understand, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
Created: February 19, 2011